2017 Grasshopper 225-61"
Call for Price
Designed for powerful, reliable and economical operation, the Model 225 offers turf care professionals the perfect introduction to Grasshopper True ZeroTurn™ performance, along with a smaller footprint ideal for tight quarters mowing.
- 45.6 cu. in. (747 cc), 2-cylinder, Kohler Command PRO engine. PRO package includes large-capacity air and oil filters, engine oil cooler, high-performance spark plugs and large-capacity dual-element air cleaner for extended maintenance intervals.
- Accepts Model 8F/M1, Model 8HT, Model 12F/M1, Model 12HT, and Model 16 PowerVac™ collection systems.
- CoolFan™ hydro cooling system
- CoolTemp Cordura® ComfortZone™ seat with lumbar support
- Implements including Dethatcher, Shielded Sprayer and Sunshade Canopy.
- Turf tires
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty, cyclonic, remote mounted replaceable dual elements.
- Battery: (maintenance free) 12 Volt
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Construction: (Robotic-welded steel) Double-layered 10-gauge plus 7-gauge formed-steel laminated spindle plane 0.313 in (7.95 mm) thick- more than 25% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) – with 7-gauge skirts for geometric strength. Spindle plane is 0.9 in.(22.86 mm) thick in stress zones. Anvil-edge design with 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) reinforcement on front edge of deck.
- Crankshaft: Horizontal
- Cutting Height: Range -1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5cm to 12.7 cm)
- Deck: DuraMax 61"
- Drive Wheels: 24x12.00x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Filtration: 7 micron absolute, spin-on / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max? fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for 1,000-hour change intervals.
- Hourmeter: Standard
- Instruments: Low engine oil pressure light, digital hour meter, parking brake indicator light, ignition switch and push/pull PTO switch. Choke integrated with throttle lever.
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Mulching System: #504569
- Other: Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Parking Brake: Disc parking brakes, one for each drive wheel.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) iso-mounted, high-back, deep-cushioned, foam-padded, CoolTemp Cordura-covered, padded arms/backrest with lumbar support and coil-spring suspension. Optional CoolTemp Cordura-covered premier suspension seat.
- Blade: (Tempered, alloy steel) (3) 21 in. (53.3 cm)
- Deck Width: (Side Discharge) 74.5 in. (189.3 cm) (Mulch) 62.5 in. (158.8 cm)
- Height: (Seat back) 47.0 in. (119.4 cm) (Seat cushion) 31.5 in. (80.0 cm) ; (ROPS) 70.0 in. (177.8 cm)
- Length: (Mowing Position) 78.0 in. (198.1 cm)
- Spindles: (Assemblies) Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Double bearings greasable from top of deck. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from grass wrap and dirt ingestion.; (Housing) 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Weight: (Uncrated) 1120 lbs. (508.0 kg) (Mulching Package) 36 lbs. (16.3 kg)
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Front Wheel: 13x6.5x6; pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Suspension: InFrame™ suspension with iso-mounted seat and footrest
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Cooling: System -Air
- Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 45.6 cu. in (747cc)
- Fuel Capacity: 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 l)
- Fuel Type: Gasoline - unleaded
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Lubrication: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Speed: 0 - 9.5 mph (0 - 15.3 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Type: Design-matched G2 hydrostatic system with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement piston-type pumps and Parker high-torque wheel motors.
- Type: Kohler Command Pro
- Engine Manufacturer
- Kohler Command PRO
- Engine Type
- 45.6 cu. in (747cc)
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 61 in.