2018 DR Power CPR16AM DR Wood Chipper Manual Start
CPR16AM DR Wood Chipper Manual Start
Serious power! Our 16.5 Chipper chews up hardwood branches up to 4.75" in diameter. A pin-hitch comes standard. Available options include a road-towing kit, electric-starting, and an extended discharge chute.
- Self-Feeding Action: A large vertically oriented hopper, a precisely-angled heavy-duty chipping knife, and a powerful air channel work together to pull branches into the chipping hopper and blast wood chips out the discharge. Most materials will self-feed, so once you drop a branch in your free to get the next one. No force feeding required!
- Oversized Chipping Hopper: The big opening for branches (17" x 27") accepts 4.75" branches with little or no trimming of side branches.
- Road Towing: Add the optional road tow package and you can easily tow your Chipper on roads at speeds up to 45mph. This model comes standard with a pin hitch, so you can tow it around your property using your riding mower or an ATV.
- Briggs and Stratton OHV Engine: The legendary power, performance and durability of Briggs & Stratton® engines make them the only ones we use on our DR Chippers. The 16.5 FPT Self-Feeding Chipper uses a durable 420cc Overhead Valve engine with your choice of manual- or electric-start. It features a debris management system that protects the engine from whatever you kick up while you're chipping and shredding.
- Heavy-Duty Flywheel: The key to efficient wood chipping is the rotating mass created by the flywheel on which the chipper knife is mounted. The 16.5 Self-Feeding model features a 17.75" diameter flywheel that's 5/8" thick and weighs a hefty 50 pounds. It spins at 128 mph and takes an amazing 40 “bites" per second!
- Pro-Spec™ Chipper Knife: Made of high-carbon/high-chromium forged alloy tool steel, our knives hold an edge longer than those on "bargain" chippers.. Still, as with any cutting tool, keeping a sharp edge is important for maintaining peak performance. We recommend keeping an extra on hand so you can minimize downtime.
- Chipping Capacity: 4.75"
- Chip Discharge Control: Optional
- Chipper Knife Size: 6.25"
- Chipper Knife Material: D2 Heat Treated Tool Steel
- Hopper Opening Size: 17" x 27"
- Chipper Knife Speed: 128 mph
- Chipper Flywheel: 17.75"
- Length: 79"
- Width: 30.5"
- Height: 50.5"
- Weight: Manual-Start: 270 lbs Electric-Start: 277 lbs
- Flywheel Weight: 50 lbs
- Flywheel Diameter: 17.75"
- Make: Briggs & Stratton
- Starting Type: Manual or Electric
- Ft Lbs Torque: 16.5
- Displacement: 420 cc
- Engine Type: OHV
- Number Of Cylinders: 1
- Air Filter: Dual Element
- Oil Capacity: 37 oz
- Lubrication: Splash
- Oil Type: SAE 30W HD
- Cooling Methods: Air
- Fuel Capacity: 3 Quarts
- Assembly: Yes
- Frame: 12 gauge
- Hopper Material: Steel
- Safety Blowback Shield: Yes
- Machine Warranty: 2 yrs Residential Use
- Engine Warranty: 2 yrs Residential Use 1 Yr Commercial Use
- Number of Tires: 2
- Tire Size: 4.10/3.50-6
- Tread: Saw Tooth
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Type
- Chipping Capacity
- 4.75 in.